I completed my doctorate studies at Drexel University in the Nanobiomechanics lab at the School of Biomedical Engineering, Science and Health System under the guidance of Dr. Lin Han.
During my time at Drexel, I developed a method to probe the mechanical environment of articular cartilage via immunofluorescence- guided atomic force microscopy in health and disease.
Read more about it, by clicking the link below to my first author paper using this technique and listen to a short interview about this paper.
I am a current postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, under the guidance of Dr. Robert Mauck.
During my time at UPenn, I utilized in-vitro systems to regulate cell Mechanobiology and became an expert on substrate fabrication, cell culturing and traction force microscopy.
Read my recent abstract from the Orthopaedic Research Society Conference below.
1. Chery, D.; Li, Q; Han, B.; Heo, S., Wang, C., Zhou, S., Qin L.; Lu, X.; Iwamoto, M.; Mauck, R.; Han, L. High Susceptibility of Cartilage Pericellular Matrix and Chondrocyte Mechanotransduction to the Onset of Early Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis. 2020. Acta Biomaterilia. doi.10.1016/j.actbio.2020.05.005.
2. Chery, D.; Han, B; Qin L.; Birk, D.E; Iozzo R.V; Enomoto-Iwamoto, M.; Han, L. The roles of decorin in the structure and mechanics of cartilage pericellular matrix during skeletal development. 2020. J. MatBio. doi.10.1016/j.matbio.2020.11.002
3. Hinton, A.; Termini, C.; Spencer, E.; Rutaganira F.; Chery, D.; Roby, R.; Vue, Z.; Pack, A.; Brady, L.; Garza-Lopez, E.; Marshall, A.; Lewis, S.; Shuler, H.; Taylor, B.; McReynolds, M.; Palavicino- Maggio, C. Patching the Leaks: Revitalizing and Reimagining the STEM Pipeline. Cell.2020 Oct 29;183(3):568-575.doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.09.029.
4. Fan, Z; Deng, J; Li, P; Chery, D; Su, Y; Zhu, P; Kambayashi, T; Blankernhorn, E; Han, L; Cheng, H. A new class of biological materials: Cell-membrane derived hydrogel scaffolds. 2019. Biomaterials. doi:10.1016/j.biomaterials.2019.01.020
5. B. Han, H. T. Nia, C. Wang, P. Chandrasekaran, Q. Li, D. R. Chery, H. Li, A. J. Grodzinsky, and L. Han AFM-nanomechanical test: an interdisciplinary tool that links the understanding of cartilage and meniscus biomechanics, osteoarthritis degeneration and tissue engineering. 2017. ACS Biomater Sci Eng 2033-2049. doi: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.7b00307
6. B. Han, D. R. Chery, J. Yin, X. L. Lu, D. Lee, and L. Han. Nanomechanics of layer-by-layer polyelectrolyte complexes: A manifestation of ionic cross-links and fixed charges. 2016. Soft Matter. 1158-1169. doi:10.1039/C5SM01430A
7. A. Goyal, M. A. Gubbiotti, D. R. Chery, L. Han, and R. V. Iozzo. Endorepellin-evoked autophagy contributes to angiostasis. 2016. J. Biol. Chem.19245-56. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M116.740266
8. Chery, D., Mbrur, S., Ward, J., Fontecchio, A. Integration of the arts and technology in GK-12 science courses. Frontiers in Education Conference. 2015. IEEE. doi: 10.1109/FIE.2015.7344165